- CNS is the part of the nervous system that consist of the centrum, cerebellum, brain stem and spinal cord.
- Along with billions of neurons each one is concerned with specialized function like motor activity , perception and regulation of body function.
- CNS is mainly concerned with regulation of circulation , digestion and respiration and also , responsible for psychic process like feeling attitude, thoughts and memory .
- both the CNS and PNS resembles telegraphy and wherein numerous wires and connection in the form of neurons and synapses bring information from both internal and external sources.
- This information is received, decoded and decisions are made by various centers in CNS and instructions are sent out to various peripheral tissues to produce various responses such as psychic, somatic and autonomic.